Health Program Manager
We now offer an exciting position for a mid-career development professional. Based in Lucerne within the International Program Department, you will manage the program portfolios of one or two countries.
While we primarily seek candidates to manage one country portfolio with a 50-60% employment, we also encourage applications of candidates interested in managing two country portfolios with an 80 - 90% employment.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- You develop the long-term strategy and thematic orientation of country programs, in close collaboration with country director(s)
- You oversee and co-ordinate the Project and Program cycle management, including planning, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, log-frame development and project document compilation
- In close collaboration with the country team you develop proposals for new projects, identify new funding opportunities while also actively managing relationships with current key donors
- You assume HR and financial management and administration incl. recruitment, in cooperation with the SolidarMed administration unit for your country/countries
- You are an active member of our International Programs Team and contribute to our Knowledge management and development
- You are active in national and international networking events, participate in relevant conferences as a representative of SolidarMed
- You contribute to the development of our organisational capabilities
- Regular program-related international travel (up to 3 weeks per year)
To best fit into our team, you have the following qualifications
- Development professional with project management experience
- Expertise in public health
- Experience in HIV, malaria, MNCH, NCD or research is an asset
- Relevant work experience in Sub Saharan Africa or other developing countries
- Masters-level or higher
- Successful acquisition of institutional funding/mandates in the past
- Strong motivational and team-leading skills
- Fluency in English and German. Very good writing skills in both languages.
- Hands-on, pro-active, able to develop initiatives
- Swiss or EU National; work permit Switzerland
Qualified candidates are passionate, results-oriented team players with relevant experience and expertise, strong management and leadership skills and a proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced international environment.
An attractive benefit package commensurate with Swiss standards. Flexible working times, a stimulating environment and flat hierarchies. Our team combines a great mix of ambition, dedication, experience and expertise drawn from a range of backgrounds including health, development, research, business and charity. We encourage professional development and offer access to national and international competence networks.
As soon as possible, flexible
How to apply
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org citing reference “Health Program Manager” in the subject line of your email and include
- your CV
- a covering letter outlining your motivation and how you meet the requirements
- copies of your qualifications
Please also mention how you heard about the job posting (if internet, please mention which site).
Due to the high volume of applications, SolidarMed will only contact shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask you not to send in duplicate or hard copies of your CV, SolidarMed only accepts electronic applications.
Deadline for applications
14th December 2019
For further details
Please contact Ilse van Roy (email@example.com / +41 41 310 66 60)
We look forward to receiving your application!
For further details contact
Ilse van Roy
Tel. +41 41 310 66 60
Download Job Ad
Job Ad | Health Program Manager
While we primarily seek candidates to manage one country portfolio with a 50-60% employment, we also encourage applications of candidates interested in managing two country portfolios with a 80-90% employment.Downloaden (0.12 M) PDF