Health Program Manager
We now offer an exciting position for a mid-career development professional. Based in Lucerne within the International Program Department, you will manage the program portfolios of one or two countries.
We seek candidates to manage two country portfolios with an 80-90% employment.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- You develop the long-term strategy and thematic orientation of country programs, in close collaboration with country directors.
- You oversee and co-ordinate the Project and Program cycle management, including planning, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, log-frame development and project documentation.
- In close collaboration with the country teams, you develop proposals for new projects, identify new funding opportunities while also actively managing relationships with current key donors.
- You assume HR and financial management and administration incl. recruitment, in cooperation with the SolidarMed administration unit for these countries.
- You are an active member of our International Programs Team and contribute when relevant to other projects and calls for proposals, knowledge management and development.
- You are active in national and international networking events, participate in relevant conferences as a representative of SolidarMed.
- You contribute to the development of our organisational capabilities.
- Regular program-related international travel (up to 3 weeks per year)
To best fit into our team, you have the following qualifications
- Development professional with project management experience
- Expertise in public health with experience in MNCH, NCDs, malaria or other developing countries disease areas an asset
- You have worked as programme coordinator for a year or more in Sub Saharan Africa or other developing countries.
- You are an experienced manager and can demonstrate strong leadership skills; experience in change management is preferred.
- Minimum degree Masters-level
- Successful acquisition of institutional funding/mandates in the past
- Fluency in English and German. Very good writing skills in both languages.
- Hands-on, pro-active, able to develop initiatives
- Swiss or EU National; work permit Switzerland
Qualified candidates are passionate, results-oriented team players with relevant experience and expertise, and a proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced international environment.
An attractive benefit package commensurate with Swiss standards. Flexible working times, a stimulating environment and flat hierarchies. Our team combines a great mix of ambition, dedication, experience and expertise drawn from a range of backgrounds including health, development, research, business and charity. We encourage professional development and offer access to national and international competence networks.
As soon as possible, flexible
How to apply
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org citing reference “Health Program Manager” in the subject line of your email and include
- your CV
- a covering letter outlining your motivation and how you meet the requirements
- copies of your qualifications
Please also mention how you heard about the job posting (if internet, please mention which site).
Due to the high volume of applications, SolidarMed will only contact shortlisted candidates. We kindly ask you not to send in duplicate or hard copies of your CV, SolidarMed only accepts electronic applications.
Deadline for applications
14th January 2021
For further details
Please contact Ilse van Roy (email@example.com / +41 41 310 66 60)
We look forward to receiving your application
For further details contact
Ilse van Roy
Tel. +41 41 310 66 60